Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multisim 11 - slow simulation (start and stop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizard

Hi,

Multisim is bulliying me. It is slower then with any other student in my class.
Is it my 5400rpm hd, is it my Core i5 or my 8gigs of RAM?
It'll probably be a setting or 2, either in windows or Multisim but I'm clueless on that matter.

Anyone ever experienced slow simulations? (only a few adders, not gates, displays, logic analyzer and word generator)

thnx in advance

Compare the settings on your machine to the ones on another machine.

Speed is also a function of how many processes are running in the background. Press Ctrl/Alt/Del and compare the pop-up list with that of another PC.
Simulations generate a lot of data which is stored on the disc. If your disc is nearly full that will slow things down.

Indeed, that may be an issue although Windows states 307GB free out of 596
Maybe I should be blaming the 5400rpm slow hd

Last edited:
The hard drive should have absolutely nothing to do with simulation speed, it's processor intensive not disk intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back