Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multisim 10 - problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using version 10.1 also.

Well i don't use it anymore, i just have it installed. I switched to LTSpice and its much much better than Multisim as i already said.

Last edited:
roff the clipped waveform is the last thing that concerns me right now.
although a 100K resistor did it's job.

roff the clipped waveform is the last thing that concerns me right now.
although a 100K resistor did it's job.
Whiz, techie got a multimeter reading. Perhaps you should ask him to send you the sim file, if such a thing exists.

Here is the file and my simulation results with 100k resistor included.

shcm1-3.JPG

View attachment shcm3.zip

The 100k input resistor is part of an attenuator so that the input to the transistor is small enough that it does not badly clip like before.

your simulation works ok!! i've noticed that you're using components from a different library... "rated virtual" is that important??? also i can see that your wires are numbered... how do you do it?

All components I use are from Master Database. I use rated virtual because they are simpler and its less work to place and modify them. Resistors from the resistor library will give you a more realisticall results and has extra options. Primarily you can set tolerance and faults. In most cases there is no difference between rated and rated virtual components unless you actually need those extra options.

Those aren't wire numbers those are net node names. Every time you place a wire a new net node is created and numbered with a next available integer. Double click a wire to see its properties and you can change its net name. If you have 2 wires that are not connected and you set them to have same net name they will be connected to the same node. There is no difference between a line and a dot other than a visual representation, it is all a single node. You can see it clearly on the schematic, everything connected to ground has a net number 0.

If you want to view net names, or nodes, go to your options tab, click on preferences then select: show node names.
Thats it... :)
Then again, my version is pretty old, so it may have changed somewhat.

Forgot to say how to set it :S

In Multisim 10:
Options > Sheet properties > Circuit tab > Net Names > Show All

ok thanks!

i'll check it! techie's simulation works fine but still i don't know what exactly i'm doing wrong! and the multisim demo version is about to expire! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back