Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiplexer

Status
Not open for further replies.

catv amplifier

Multiplexer is a device that combines several input information into one output signal. Multiplexer is used in CATV head-end for multiplexing of signals into one signal.

Cable TV does not multiplex the channels. Each channel has its own band of frequencies.

Cable TV does not multiplex the channels. Each channel has its own band of frequencies.
Actually, that's called Frequency Division Multiplexing.

Actually, that's called Frequency Division Multiplexing.
You are correct, I was wrong.
Then an orchestra multiplexes its instruments? It doesn't. Many instruments use the same frequency as other instruments.
But I think multiplexing is time-division where channels have their own time slot and one channel pulses over and over with all the other channels pulsing in their own time slots during the pause.

Then an orchestra multiplexes its instruments? It doesn't. Many instruments use the same frequency as other instruments.
But I think multiplexing is time-division where channels have their own time slot and one channel pulses over and over with all the other channels pulsing in their own time slots during the pause.
Yes, when I hear the word multiplexing I also think of time-division multiplexing, since that's what's commonly used in sensor signal conditioning and processing, where I've done most of my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back