Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiplexer ic's

Status
Not open for further replies.

udi_hakim

Hello,
I am building a project these days but i came into a problem.
I need a chip that has 1 digital data input, 3 select inputs and 8 outputs.
With the 3 select inputs i will choose which of the 8 output will output the digtal input.

Basicly its the exact oposite to the 74HC251...

Ron H said:
Do a Google search for "3-to-8 line decoder/demultiplexer".

All the devices i found are decoders! it has no data input, only low or high logic level on the selected output pin... :(

udi_hakim said:
Ron H said:
Do a Google search for "3-to-8 line decoder/demultiplexer".

All the devices i found are decoders! it has no data input, only low or high logic level on the selected output pin... :(
Decoder/demultiplexers do exactly what you want. That's why they are called demultiplexers. :roll:
Here is a quote from the first page of the **broken link removed**:

The '238' can be used as an eight output demultiplexer by using one of the active LOW enable inputs as the data input and the remaining enable inputs as strobes. Unused enable inputs must be permanently tied to their appropriate active HIGH or LOW state.
.[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back