Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple voltage levels comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttO

I want to make a circuit that is able to differentiate between 4 different voltages, if the input is 5volts, one led let, if 7volts, two leds let,... etc
i tried to make it using 4 comparators but when i test every one separately it works fine, but when i put the input (5 or 7 or...) to the 4 comparators all led let regardless the input value, and some times!!!
i'm supplying the op-amps with +ve 15 and -ve 15, i placed a diode on the comparator o/p to neglect the -ve output

Please help...
thanks

Post a circuit

You would use an opamp as a voltage follow and the output of the opamp would go to the comparators. If you've done this post the entire schematic of what you have so far

this is the circuit i tried.
Please note the following:

The diode id to assure no -ve signal go to the 555
the resistors before and after diode one as pullup resistor, the other is pulldown. i tried with and without the diode and two resistors but the problem is the same.

I didn't got what you mean by using opamp as voltage follower the to a comparator you want me to make a buffer before comparison??, if so, how will that help.
thanks and sorry for delay

Attachments

• Circuit.JPG
    Circuit.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
You posted no schematic.

yes, ericgibbs.. thanks but i'm testing a capacitor discharge , so. the input duration is about 10ms only. thats why i need the monostable cct to prolong the time of output display

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back