Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple Units Transmission Coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spasm

Hey ya all..

Not sure if I shud post it in this section, but I need some help with transmission protocol. Now, its like this, my PIC is sampling a voltage every few milisecond and sends out data around 20 - 50ms using wireless transmission. The problem is when I use more than one PIC to send data to the same receiver. How shud I send data so there is no data contention? The data has to be as close to real time as possible, from each unit. How shud the PICs work to send data in systematic way? Using watchdog timer to set the interval transmission timing?

Thanx

spasm,

i'm trying to cumincate wireless between 2 pics, could you give me some tips, using a 2 16f877's
i connect the transmitter to c6 on pic1 and the recivor to c7 on pic 2 ,

then what do i do, whats the code like.

help me please.

Hey kitedude,

It depends on how yr transmitter/receiver works..
For my setup, I just throw the data to the PIC's USART transmission protocol which sends out data serially thru the transmitter module. As the transmission protocol, look at the 16f877's manual. It shows step by step instruction on how to send. If u were to use a normal I/O port, then u have to send out the data independantly. That u have to look at Nigel's tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back