Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple pulses to a single switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardy

Hello,
I am a bit of a newbie to electronics and would really appreciate your help on this one. I would like to be able to have
  • Four switches and one output switch
  • push switch A it will pulse switch E once
  • push switch B it will pulse switch E twice
  • Push switch C it will pulse switch E three times
  • Push switch D it will hold switch E for 3seconds.

This needs to be at a speed your finger would press button E (about mouse click speed). Any quicker, and I don't think switch B will register for this particular application.

4 2 1 switch

Hello,
I am a bit of a newbie to electronics and would really appreciate your help on this one. I would like to be able to have
  • Four switches and one output switch
  • push switch A it will pulse switch E once
  • push switch B it will pulse switch E twice
  • Push switch C it will pulse switch E three times
  • Push switch D it will hold switch E for 3seconds.

This needs to be at a speed your finger would press button E (about mouse click speed). Any quicker, and I don't think switch B will register for this particular application.

HI, try to use the simple controller like PICAXE - from UK developper (see internet associated page)
The most simple processor can resolve your problem.
Happy to read you again
Armand

this could be done with a series of 555 timers, then you could have variable resistors to set the pulse rates and amount of pulses. you can google 555 timers for examples of simple projects.

but it might help if you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do, there may be an easier way to do it

this could be done with a series of 555 timers, then you could have variable resistors to set the pulse rates and amount of pulses. you can google 555 timers for examples of simple projects.

but it might help if you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do, there may be an easier way to do it

I am trying to emulate the controls on an apple iphone headphone remote to forward, reverse and play/pause tracks. It is all done via clicks of a single button. I need to do the opposite and complicate a simple task, so to speak! Instead of clicking the button 3 times I want to press one button that sends out three pulses. Instead of hitting a button twice I want to press another button once that sends out two pulses. etc. etc.

Thank you for your help.

Wardy some similar more or less i need to do i need to reboot a cell phone sending pulses to the cell power botton to reboot the phone avery more or less 12 minute so the same aplication come on all the time (GPS) Global Position System, my is pulse 8 secs, pause 10 sec, pulse 8 secs and time 12minute them continous over and over avery 12 minute more or less.
Let me know if any solution
artronic22@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back