Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple inline micro inline hydro generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveparf

Hi boys and girls, this is my first post so here go's ;-)
I have made multiple micro inline hydro generators that are powerd by 15mm water mains.
My question is, how can i join 3 AC generators to one stepup transformer without the generators fighting each other?
To give you an idea what im doing, i have videos on youtube called "hydrogeny".
Thanks Dave.

how can i join 3 AC generators to one stepup transformer without the generators fighting each other?
Don't see how you can unless all 3 are in phase with each other. One possibility to combine their outputs regardless of phase would be to rectify then combine, and use a DC-to-DC converter to up the combination voltage.

well i did use them as DC at first so it could charge batterys, but now i want to play with AC.
Is there a way of pulsing DC so it will act as AC so i can step up with a transformer?
Thanks Dave.

You may want to read up on the Grid Tie inverter threads here.

I have put lots of info into how to build basic units that take lower voltage DC inputs and step it up and synchronize it to the AC mains.

Trust me you are not even close to being a stupid post here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back