Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple connections to same port

Status
Not open for further replies.
jerryf as Pommie said "I²C devices is set internally" But he didnt mention some devices have a external address like A2:A0 that 3 pin to set the last 3 digits of the address. This way you can have multiple of the same thinig needed on 1 line.

You have 1 I2C/SPI port. Which can be either but not both. I suggest I2C as you dont need CS Lines like SPI. Its great but if pin count is a issue then SPI is an issue.

For LCD stuff. You can checkout Futz code for a 2 Wire LCD controll. Which is in C so it can be used easily.

If you use I2C then be sure that your RTC & External Flash Mem is I2C compatible.

This will help you alot: (if you read the parts you want to learn)

PICmicro™ Mid-Range MCU Family Reference Manual

PIC18f4550 and SPI/USART

I wonder how to connect SPI and USART in the same time, RC7 is RX for serial and DSO for SPI so how that would be combined, secondly I wish if someone can guide me to where I can find working example fo connecting LCD with 4 data pins and this PIC18F4550. Anybody can help. many thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back