Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple computer smps in series/parellel

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambackvandi

hi, i'm interested in making a mulitple voltage and high current power supply for testing dc devices such as fans and motors and also to do charging experiments on batteries.

i was wondering if it is possible (without blowing anything up)

" to connect say 2 or 4 computer power supplies in series to get a 24V/48V 20A supply," (using the 12v rail)
OR

" to connect 2 smps in parellel to get a 12V 40A supply (using the 12V rail on each smps) .

i was considering this as a lighter and cheaper solution as compared to a bulky transformer. i have very little exposure to electronics and only know some very basic electricity and electronics. any advice would be great! thanks in advance. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back