Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multi- remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin9068

I am currently building a multi-remote that will cater for all parts of my room .what I am not quite sure of is the materials to use that will utter the circurt to the bulb and limit the power flow and thus dimming the lights and brightening them when I send the signals from the remote

pliz assist me

For dimming lights you could use X-10 dimmer switches with an X-10 RF remote such as this.

Insteon, UPB and X-10 are communications technologies. X-10 is a bit dated. UPB is a very interesting technology generally requiring a UPB to Ethernet/PC interface to set up.
UPB combines power line communications and RF making it pretty robust. X-10 is one-way only. You have no way to interrogate a module's state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back