Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi PIC Programmer Zener Diode Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MbTaNk16

Hello everybody, I am currently finding and ordering components in order to build a Multi PIC Programmer 5v2. Upon selecting the zener diode to purchase, I noticed that there was a specification I've never heard of before: zener test current (Izt). I am looking for a 5.1V and 6.2V zener diode both with a power dissipation of 500 mW, but they either have a test current of 5 mA or 20 mA and I don't know which one to choose.

Can someone please inform me what test current is, and suggest what test current the zener diodes should have for this project?

Links:

Multi PIC Programmer 5v2
**broken link removed**
Bill of Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back