Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multi layer boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrr_arrghh

I have never used them myself, but I often hear about PCBs with several layers of copper. My question is how would you solder components onto the layers that are 'inside' the board?

Cheers,

Tim.

you dont,

connections are made via via's (no pun intended). The masking around the other layers ase such that there is no connection made.

It is common practice if you are making a multi-layer board to have aGND plane (for noise imunity and easier power tapping), power planes (for easier power) and then as many planes as required to meet board area

ok you got me on that 1 - it is lucnch at work and i am pissed off with a particular manager.

what I ment was

The masking around the other layers are such that there is no connection made to the layers that the connection isnt ment for

-----------------[|]----------------
----------------[ | ]-------------

treat the horizontal lines as a plane. the square brackets are layer via connections As you can see with this setup the top layer, 4th and bottom are plated through and short them all together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back