Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-Kilowatt Switching Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any thoughts on building a multikilowatt (Around 100A at 20V or more)? I have AVRs I can use to control an inductor either via PWM and PFM, the problem is, of course, the inductor. I'd like to take rectified mains voltage (170VDC) and step it down to at a maximum of 48V, a minimum of 20V, at a fairly large amperage. Does anyone have any ball park ideas on what frequency I should drive the inductor at, and what uH it should have? And any ideas on what size wire to use/num turns to obtain an inductor capable of such current? I have some large bus bar copper transformer wire laying around, not sure what gauge (its rectangular, not round).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back