Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MT8816 with Microcontroller 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

dereksohail

MT8816

Iam using MT8816 with Microcontroller 89c52 (8051 type) and want to create connection between 2 rows but the problem is that as i observe the truth table of MT8816 there is no indication of connecting two rows with a column other then Yo can any one explain how to use any column other than Y0 using the truth table ....

**broken link removed**

Port 1, output port, sends data to MT8816:-

connected with MT8816 address pins as mentioned below:

P1.7 P1.6 P1.5
Data AX3 AX2

P1.4 P1.3 P1.2
AX1 AX0 AY2

P1.1 P1.0
AY1 AY0

Telephone set is connected to MT8816 rows through SLIC as

X2 row for telephone 1 (P2.0 off hook/on hook bit)

X3 for telephone 2 (p2.1 off hook/on hook bit)

X4 and similarly X5

so in order to create conversation between telephone 2 and telephone 3 , X4 and X5 should be connected using a column.

Yo column has the dial tone:

so i have to use some other column can any one explain or write the code for connecting X2 with X5 using column Y2 and guide me how to use column other than Y0 coz iam unable to understand using the datasheet and truth table.

(I know that in order create connections firstly CS should be High then Strobe should be high then we take data from the truth table and send it to MT8816 with high on Data pin and when we want disconnect a connection simply send the same data and send low on data pin, in order to create connections between two rows , firstly a row should be connected on a column and then the second row is also connected on the same row.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back