Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430F5438 current consumption druing LPM3 and LPM4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickagian

Hi all!

I have a question regarding the low-power modes of the MSP430 uC. I have a board that uses this specific uC and want to put it in sleep mode periodically. I intend to use either LPM3 or LPM4 in turn, depending on whether I'll have the ADC measuring or not. I would like to compute the estimated current consumption drawn by the uC during the sleeping periods. While in LPM3, I see from the datasheet that only ACLK will be on. Does this mean that the XT1 will also be on, having as a consequence that I will also have to count the XT1 current consumption (as mentioned on page 47 of the datasheet)? And of course I will have to count the current consumption of the ADC. In general the supply currents mentioned on page 41 are only for the CPU? And what about LPM4? What supply currents do I have to take into account? I guess that in that mode only the current of the CPU willbe active?

And something more... Among other peripherals, I have one SPI sensor and one I2C sensor connected to the uC and thus, two internal modules of the controller (one for SPI and one for I2C) will be used. What do I have to do with them during the sleeping periods? Do I have to turn them off and configure the related pins as inputs (with pull-up/-down) for low power? Does it matter if I keep them active? Will this mean that they will consume additional current?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Nikos

The best place for MSP430 info is the Yahoo Groups mailing list.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back