Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSN Messenger Alert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrr_arrghh

Hi

I use MSN mesenger alot, and often don't hear the sound when someone messages me. I could turn my computer up very loud, but then the music I am usually playing would ruin my ears :(

So - wondered if it would be possible to make a device that would connect to my computer and would light up/make a loud beeping noise when someone sent me a message?

Maybe i don't need any external devices - I don't know.

Any ideas appreciated, although I'm guessing that to make it work would require a great deal of computer programing, PIC programing, and general knowledge that I don't posses, but we''ll see...

Thanks

Tim

In writing this I am guessing that you use windows. Check in the Control Panel --> sounds that you have selected sounds for the MSN events. If you have perhaps you could use a sound recorder to increase the volume of the sounds so you can here them over the music.

hmm, makes sense

the only reason i was asking was i was considering exanding the system to work so that when i got a message (or someone logged on), a portable device would emit something (light or sound)

for the minute, though, thats probably ther best suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back