Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSM6378A Synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm looking for a compact audio record/playback system to play an a gunshot sound, at about 10Hz. I ran across the Oki MSM6378A IC at **broken link removed**

It seems suitable, but does anyone know about the programability of this IC? I only need to be able to write to it once, so I just need to make, or find, a programmer.

Last edited:
All Electronics site said:
The pc board contains an Oki MSM6378A Voice Synthesis IC, a one-time programmable 256K ROM. New, as-is.
Hopefully the device is blank. Otherwise it won't matter if you have a programmer or not. The datasheet for it is here. OKI's **broken link removed** has a little more info but not much.

Last edited:
Ok, well then can someone suggest a simple circuit? I just need it to play a 10ms sound each time a CLK pulse is applied. it also doesn't need to be re-recordable, once is fine. However, it does need to be non-volatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back