Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MS DOS 7.1 for QBasic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

QBasic thread seem to have helped a few people to live their nostalgia. But as Nigel said in one of his posts that win200/NT does not suport direct hardware use, you might havo install DOS to use it.

[MS DOS 7.1] -- Download it here.

So here I upload MSDOS 7.1 which supports FAT32 and can be installed over windows 2000. It just edits the boot.ini and gives you an option to dual boot.

I never tried it over XP/98/95. If any one succeeds, please post on this thread.

As for the leagality of this file, I assure you, to the best of my belief, It is legal(looks strange). I downloaded it from a perfectly legal looking site which comes and goes ever few monthes. It took me 4 monthes to download this file. I downloaded a part of it and then left it for another day. Then the site vanishes. After 4 monthes it reappears. And I complete the download. Now it has vanished again!!!

Again, this is compressed in 7zip format. And the file inside the zip archieve is an .iso image of the CD. So you need to burn it onto a CD to install it. Unless you make a virtual CD drive and install it over a network or something like that.

lord loh. said:
QBasic thread seem to have helped a few people to live their nostalgia. But as Nigel said in one of his posts that win200/NT does not suport direct hardware use, you might havo install DOS to use it.

[MS DOS 7.1] -- Download it here.

So here I upload MSDOS 7.1 which supports FAT32 and can be installed over windows 2000. It just edits the boot.ini and gives you an option to dual boot.

I never tried it over XP/98/95. If any one succeeds, please post on this thread.

As for the leagality of this file, I assure you, to the best of my belief, It is legal(looks strange). I downloaded it from a perfectly legal looking site which comes and goes ever few monthes. It took me 4 monthes to download this file. I downloaded a part of it and then left it for another day. Then the site vanishes. After 4 monthes it reappears. And I complete the download. Now it has vanished again!!!

Again, this is compressed in 7zip format. And the file inside the zip archieve is an .iso image of the CD. So you need to burn it onto a CD to install it. Unless you make a virtual CD drive and install it over a network or something like that.
Is that MSDOS freeware? If not, Nigel will take care of it :lol:

As I said, I downloaded it from a very legal looking site. It was not a crack site or a warez site. The site had it's copyright message and acknoledged microsoft.... The site was someting like **broken link removed** (found text by searching google for - MSDOS download yginfo) This site keeps appearing and disappearing.

So I put up the file for the disappeary time. Once the site is back up, you can download it from there. Possible a newer version that supports NTFS as they promised.

lord loh. said:
As I said, I downloaded it from a very legal looking site. It was not a crack site or a warez site. The site had it's copyright message and acknoledged microsoft.... The site was someting like **broken link removed** (found text by searching google for - MSDOS download yginfo) This site keeps appearing and disappearing.

So I put up the file for the disappeary time. Once the site is back up, you can download it from there. Possible a newer version that supports NTFS as they promised.
OK, that sounds good 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back