Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPY634KP analog multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtr_stitch

Hello again...

Anyone have any experience with the MPY634KP analog multiplier?
Not sure I understand the text and I am trying to figure out it's capabilities and, well, it's uses. Got it by accident in the mail and considered returning it but, such as it is, my curiosity got the best of me. Any general ****-chat on this thing would be awesome!

The device multiples the signal from two differential amps (X and Y), divides the result by 10, and then adds to that the value from the Z input.

The device is used whenever you want to multiply two analog signals together, for example gain control, or double-side-band modulation.

So, say you wanted to use frequency...would it be something like this...
50hz (x)* 50hz (y)= 2500hz/10
250hz plus the whatever the value of Z is?
Do I suppose you could utilize this tool to up the frequency? Like say, take one analog signal, input it into x and y, do the math and get a higher frequency?

So, say you wanted to use frequency...would it be something like this...
50hz (x)* 50hz (y)= 2500hz/10
250hz plus the whatever the value of Z is?
Do I suppose you could utilize this tool to up the frequency? Like say, take one analog signal, input it into x and y, do the math and get a higher frequency?
No, it won't multiply frequencies. It multiplies voltages. If you multiply two sine waves, you will get sum and difference frequencies, not their product.

Last edited:
Ah okay. Well that's cool. Awesome. Thanks a bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back