Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPU design

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaRyu

I need help here.

Can anyone guide me in this project? I don't know how/ where to start

Attachments

• COMP 421; MPU Design Guidelines 2012-2013.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 295
i would start by reading and understanding requirements, making block diagram and identifying TTL ICs with suitable functionality.

This project is almost done,
But still have a problem...
We don't know how to make an instruction set

almost done and no instructions? to me that means you have not even started yet.
you need to make a list of instructions you want and assign unique code to each of them.
then you build decoder and use it to control the core.

Agree with panic mode. The first step is to define the instruction set. Then create the hardware to decode those instructions.
I would take a look at commercial micros for ideas on the instruction set. I would take no more than then of the elemental instructions only...........i.e. add register to acummulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back