Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB v8.73a not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

When using MPLB sim, I can't start the "Stopwatch" as it is grey in the drop down options list. See attachment.

But I can simulate the same .asm file on my other computer (which has v8.20 installed) & the Stopwatch works (as it did previously on my main computer).

So I uninstalled v8.73a & installed v8.20 but Stopwatch does not wok on it either.

I then re-installed v8.73a & a window appeared briefly saying that a Registry key was missing.

I did not have time to write down the details as it closed within a few seconds.

So I suspect I may have accidentally removed the Reg Key some time ago when I used CClean.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Any assistance will be appreciated

Last edited:
He saved his project with it open and is trying to open it agin

If he looked at the bottom left corner he will find it more then likely

Last edited:
This seems too simple to be the problem but give it a try.

If the stopwatch window is already open the STOPWATCH choice under debug is grayed out.

Try window cascade or tile to see if it is already open.
Thanks 3v0, that worked.

It had occured to me that it may be open, but I could not find it.

Obviously I did not try hard enough.

Stopwatch was grey on every project file that I opened.

I have never had that problem before.

And I was put off as I did not have the same problem with the othet computer.

But I had not thought of using the tiling function.

He saved his project with it open and is trying to open it agin

If he looked at the bottom left corner he will find it more then likely

Thanks for the response Burt,
I'm not sure what you mean by "saved his project with it open".

The way I always save projects is to click on Project/Save Project & then Project/Close.

Could you explain it a little more please?

Burt is saying that you saved the project with the stopwatch window open. Thus you could not re-open it.

I used to run into this sort of thing when switching between my dual monitor and the single monitor system I used at school.

Glad you have it sorted.

3v0

I did this about a week ago myself I saved my project to a SD card and had window open was debugging clicked the project and MPLAB opened it up just as it was on my shop PC but I couldn't use the Special function Registers window. I now just close all the open windows. Then save my project.

Burt is saying that you saved the project with the stopwatch window open. Thus you could not re-open it.

I used to run into this sort of thing when switching between my dual monitor and the single monitor system I used at school.

Glad you have it sorted.

3v0
Thanks again 3v0,
But I always save projects with the Stopwatch window open & I've never had this issue occur before.

After reading your response, I opened several of my projects & they all had Stopwatch open & visible whereas, yesterday, it was not evident in any of these projects.

By fixing it in one project, I have fixed it in all.

This is a mystery. But at least it's solved. Thanks.

I did this about a week ago myself I saved my project to a SD card and had window open was debugging clicked the project and MPLAB opened it up just as it was on my shop PC but I couldn't use the Special function Registers window. I now just close all the open windows. Then save my project.
Thanks again for the reply.

This is a more complicated situation than mine. I was saving to the HDD & I have never used the debugging as I have never had a need & so I don't know how to do it.

Also, I don't think I've ever opened the Special Function Registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back