Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mplab sim problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSCAL

Hi! I am a newcomer to this forum so, please be gentle!
I have been working with MPLAB for a while now (v8.50) And have been working solid on a project for the last six months. The other night i must have been tired as it was 2.30 am and i was nodding off. I do not remember doing anything but in DEBUG mode, it appears that i have lost the toolbar buttons (RUN,ANIMATE......). The debugger is still working but i have to keep using the drop downs and this is a right pain in the ar*e as they close up after you have used them. I have also clicked view, toolbars, and clicked DEBUG, even though the tick is there, NO DAMN BUTTONS!!.I have searched the mplab manual and could not find anything relating to this issue. CAN ANYBODY HELP?? I bet there is going to be a realy silly answer to all this and i know i will end up with egg on my face but i thought i would ask anyway.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a check mark next to DEBUG. I am still scratching my head. Maybe need to move up to 8.53. Maybe a bug?? Thankyou for your kind responce though!. Any other ideas much appreciated...

As i have worked my way through different versions it would prove to be a bit more stable than before. I have lost code completely down to MPLAB crashes in the past!... not my fault honest!
I can remember a little of what i did, i detached the control bar and pull it to centre screen for easy access, now it's gone????

CHEERS breyno2

Just downloaded and updated, now using version 8.53. After installing, ran my workspace and still the same!!!
Anybody got any ideas as to what the hell is going on????

I may have found the problem. In MPLAB click on Help, then Release Notes. Scroll down on the left and select MPLAB IDE Release Notes.

There's a mention there about
Docked windows can be placed outside of the IDE program boundaries

Just wondering if somehow your toolbar got placed outside the viewing area?

The buttons were detached and i think i did move them out of the workspace but they should not prove this difficult to find!! I have had a reply from a tech head on the microchip forums and he says, save the ASM file, delete all other files and start again with the saved asm. Workbooks/sim files are saved in a seperate file so this should not prove to difficult to incorporate back into my program. He also said that MPLAB is still unstable when things are detached while running

I have tried everything and still cannot see those damn buttons!! Even after a good clear out,re-installing mplab NO LUCK. It would seem that the computer may have a file which is still there on the system which is not being uninstalled because it seems to happen regardless of mplab version. Is ADD /REMOVE good enough or is there a possible registry item that is not being cleared by add remove alone??

I wouldn't think it would keep user preferences in the registry, but you never know. Did you do a full uninstall with Windows, and make sure the Microchip directories & files were removed before the new install?

Hi,
Success at last!. It's only when you work through a problem do you realy learn.
I had success. If this ever happens to you then this may help, If your taskbar in windows is locked then unlock it, move the taskbar to side of display, Back into mplab,make sure mplab sim is active, click view toolbars then uncheck then check DEBUG voila.....should show up!! Then just lock them back in mplab. I know this may sound silly and i feel quite a clut, the buttons were hiding under my taskbar but even though i uninstalled the application twice making sure there were no traces of mplab, when reinstalled gave me the same symptoms?????????????????? ........silly me.

Thankyou breyno for your ideas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back