Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB SIM Debugger A/D error

Status
Not open for further replies.

smart1557

I am new to PIC18F2553 processor. When I was debugger my adc code using MPLAB SIM Debugger, I met with this problem, ADC-W0008: No stimulus file attached to ADRESL for A/D. I tried to set up the input using the stimulus. I did an actual stimulus file via “register injection”. I created the ‘adcstimulus.txt’ file which contains hex values. But after this when I run my program, I still got this:
Stimulus: Synchronous stimulus applied successfully. ADC-W0008: No stimulus file attached to ADRESL for A/D. I can not see any change in the ADRESH and ADRESL.
Could you guys please give me some advice? Thank you.
code:
#include <p18cxxx.h>
#include <adc.h>
#include <delays.h>
void main_adc(void)
{
int result0,result1;
TRISB=0; //PORTB output
TRISA=1; //PORTA input

// set up the A/D module,the ADCON registers must be set
ADCON1 = 0b00001101;//VSS,VDD ref. AN0,AN1 analog only
ADCON0 = 0x00;//clear ADCON0 to select channel 0 (AN0)
ADCON2 = 0b00110101;//ADCON2 setup: Left justified, Tacq=16Tad, Tad=16*Tosc (or Fosc/2)
ADCON0bits.ADON = 0x01;//Enable A/D module

// once the A/D module is set up and enabled, we can use it to gather data:
while(1)
{
Delay10TCYx(5); //Delay for 50TCY. Because within this delay, the holding capacitor should be disconnected from the ananlog input.
ConvertADC (); // Start an A/D conversion.
while( BusyADC()); // Wait for completion. when BusyADC is cleared, the conversion is finished.
result0 = ReadADC(); // Read result
PORTBbits.RB5=result0;// Output results on RB5
}
CloseADC(); // Disable A/D converter

// second channel set up
ADCON1 = 0b00001101;//VSS,VDD ref. AN0,AN1 analog only
ADCON0 = 0x01;//clear ADCON0 to select channel 1 (AN1)
ADCON2 = 0b00110101;//ADCON2 setup: Left justified, Tacq=16Tad, Tad=16*Tosc (or Fosc/2)
ADCON0bits.ADON = 0x01;//Enable A/D module

// once the A/D module is set up and enabled, we can use it to gather data:
while(1)
{
Delay10TCYx(5); //Delay for 50TCY. Because within this delay, the holding capacitor should be disconnected from the ananlog input.
ConvertADC (); // Start an A/D conversion.
while( BusyADC()); // Wait for completion. when BusyADC is cleared, the conversion is finished.
result1 = ReadADC(); // Read result
PORTBbits.RB1=result1;// Output results on RB1
}
CloseADC(); // Disable A/D converter

}

Yes, I click the apply and save. Actually I need to sample two sine wave in reality. So Can I use the pin/Register actions? Can you give me some description how to use this one? Thank you~

I solved this problem. But I still can not see any change in ADRESL and ADRESH when I run the program. I have no idea how to fix this problem. Can anyone give me some suggestions? which part should I focus on to fix this???Thank you very much~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back