Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mplab IDE v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

16F877A

hi , i have a project that have to use 16f877A as the main of the whole project , and have to use mplab Ide v8 to write the instruction , but i dunno how to start up . i need some easy example to understand the coding . and what project that i can do wit the PIC .

in the tutorial , i really dun understand wit the configration setting , as i saw some example for 16F877A is - _config_cp_off&_0ff&_xt_osc&_pwrte_on. different PIC wit different Config ???? i veru confuse , as i still dun understand the code . thanks^^

in the tutorial , i really dun understand wit the configration setting , as i saw some example for 16F877A is - _config_cp_off&_0ff&_xt_osc&_pwrte_on. different PIC wit different Config ???? i veru confuse , as i still dun understand the code . thanks^^

The 16F628 and 16F877 use the same 14 bit core, and my tutorials list the minor changes required.

Config fuses set the basic options, oscillator type etc. - my tutorials, as they were written for specific exact devices give the simple hexadecimal version of the value. The example you give above is instructions to the compiler, which then generates the value during assembly - as you're changing the device, it's best to use the method you showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back