Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mplab ICD2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

imhereithink

Hi all,

im currently using MPlab and the ICD2 to program the PIC16F74 on the PICDEM2 board. Iv used it to program other chips like the 16F627/84a with no problems. But with the new PIC i keep getting this error:

ICD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Program, Address = 0x0, Expected Val = 0x30FF, Val Read = 0x0)

Any ideas as to what this is pointing to? Iv tried searching Microchip and the microchip forum with no result so far.

Cheers guys

the first thing that comes to mind is how are you setting the power for the target board? is self powered or is the ICD2 powering it and have you setup mplab to tell it which one your using. I've made my own programming board and sometimes I get the same error only to find silly me didnt turn my programming board on as I use a seperate power supply as I find its easier just powering the ICD2 from the usb port and dont bother using a power supply on the ICD2.

Hope this helps

Cheers Bryan ;)

Fantastic, got it working now.

Before i had this problem i used an external 9v supply to the programming board, on this instance i just used the ICD2 to power the board. So i applied the 9v supply and viola!!

Thanks again for your quick reply. Iv waited over a day on the microchip forum :confused: Think il stick with this board from now on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back