Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a uninitialised data area. It's uses to write relocatable code. Assuming your a beginner, it's better to write absolute code to start with.

Mike.

I think it means you have (allocate) 30 (hex) bytes of RAM to work with offset from variables.

mramos1 said:
I think it means you have (allocate) 30 (hex) bytes of RAM to work with offset from variables.

Not quite right, it means the variable area will be placed at 0x30 and 1 byte will be reserved for ptr_pos at 0x30.

Mike.

What about the next line in the code

Code:
variables	UDATA 0x30
ptr_pos		RES 1
ptr_pos2	RES 1

is this also placed on address 0x30 with 1 byte reserved?
Can I write like that:
Code:
ptr_pos2	RES 2
to reserve 2 byte for the constant?
Where can I in addition find information about things like RES, UDATA, $-3 and other things concerning asm PIC programming?

Last edited:
Sorry, Pommie is right.

UDATA 0x30 UserDATA start at location 30 hex in memory.
ptr_pos1 is a symbol to reference a location.
RES ? is reserve ? number of byte(s) at the reference location.

where can i download math lab installer???pls help me i search already in the net but i found no one. it is usefull in our data communication subjects..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back