Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLab - Capture Serial Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magen

Hello everybody,
Is it possible to capture serial output whilst in simulation? Like with a 'watch window' or something. I am currently doing a project with a 16f628a and I am using shift registers. Although my project is working, I would like to know if there is a way to do this?

Any help appreciated!

Regards
Magen

Txs 3v0
Is there any way to do this if you are not using the chips uart but generating the serial output in code and outputting via another output pin?

I did see where you could do that.

If you just need to verify that your software uart is putting out the right bits use the simulators logic analyzer.

If you want to see the text output sprintf it to a string you can monitor in the watch window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back