Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB and PICKit2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Hi i got a small problem

When i try to program my small PICS (12F629) i get the following error:
PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC12F629 is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0xF80, ID Read = 0x0)
I have put my PIC in the eval card that comes with the PICKit2

Is my PIC Dead???

I don't really like the evaluation board (the pickit 2 is a great piece of hardware though!) put your pic in a breadboard, and use ICSP from the pickit. (solid core wire is a temporary way to connect the pickit if you haven't made a proper cable.

ok, I get the same error..

it used to work, before i put the PIC in bacwards (pin1 become pin5)
so i bet its not working any more ( also tried to program it backwards)

It probably didn't do it any good.... Try the PICkit with a different PIC (ie. the one that came with the demo board)

Hi,
Have you tried directly from PICkit2 programming software? Sometimes I don't know why MPLAB doesn't seem to like PICkit2 much.. lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back