Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB 8.43 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfx4

I have some code in .asm that I want to test in the simulator. How do I simulate a key press (or other input) in MPLAB?? I looked through the manual but can't find it.

Thank You!

Hi,

Open the Debugger\Stimulus\New workbook window , select the tabs corresponding to what you want to do , ( asynchronous for your question ) ... and place your actions and timing.

do not forget to save the .sbs file ...

Alain

Last edited:
Hi,

Open the Debugger\Simulus\New workbook window , select the tabs corresponding to what you want to do , ( asynchronous for your question ) ... and place your actions and timing.

do not forget to save the .sbs file ...

Alain
Thanks Acetronics!! i was also searching for this item.
Thanks again.

Hi, Atom

the MPLAB debugger is primarily intended for ASM ... but also works fine with third party compilers ... PicBasicPro, CCS and MikroE recent releases for me. µChip compilers should not be a problem nor, ...

it's also a nice tool to verify program timing ... with the stopwatch !

Alain

Hi, Atom

the MPLAB debugger is primarily intended for ASM ... but also works fine with third party compilers ... PicBasicPro, CCS and MikroE recent releases for me. µChip compilers should not be a problem nor, ...

it's also a nice tool to verify program timing ... with the stopwatch !

Alain
It works equaly well with compiled programs so long as a proper COFF file exists. Not sure why you said it is primarily for ASM. To work seamlessly with MPLAB a compiler also has to provide some IDE integration for locating errors and maybe a few other things.

But this IS nit picking.

So that is what the Stimulus modules are for. I'll read up on them and try it. Thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back