Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB 8.1 Phantom Breakpoint Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Has anyone else run into the 8.1 phantom breakpoint problem? There has been some talk about it over in the Microchip forums.

It seems to be due to an interaction between MPLAB using PICkit2 and MPSIM. I think if you enter MPLAB/MPSIM from MPLAB/PICkit2 with breakpoints set, then clear the breakpoint(s) in MPSIM, when you return to PICkit2 the cleared breakpoints are there but do not show up and are not easily cleared.

So far the only dependable way I found to get rid of the phantom breakpoints is to remove the MPLAB workspace file.

Last edited:
I have the same issue using the official ICD2. For me, setting the debugger to none, and then setting it back to ICD2 usually fixes the breakpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back