Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mpf 122 Mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

maynardb

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, and am trying to find a data sheet for this mosfet that's in a piece of test equipment that I'm trying to repair. It's a two gate N channel in a TO-252 case. I only found one site on the net that had it, and they want around $20.00 with shipping [no data sheet], so I'm investigating whether or not I can find a cheaper substitute, or can I use two mpf102's instead. They're cheap and readily available at Rat Shack. If anyone has info on this mosfet, or knows of a sub that'll work, or if I can even put two together or not ,please respond.
Thanks,
Bruce

Last edited:
Could you double check the part number? I have the Motorola Selection Guides going back to 1971 and it doesn't show up. There is a dual-gate device number MPF112. Perhaps the schematic has a typo.

I double checked the number on the parts list and it's right. When I examine the mosfet itself, it says 252 with the motorola insignia and 182023 stamped below it. Hope this helps.When I Googled it , I came up with a site, I think it was American Semiconductor, that says they have for $15 and change plus shipping, but again, no complete datasheet, just basic specs.
Thanks,
Bruce
Here's the specs from that site
MPF122
Motorola, Inc. :: N-Channel, Dual-Gate Tetrode MOSFET
Specsheet / Datasheet

V(BR)DSS (V)=25
I(D) Abs. Drain Current (A)=30m
Absolute Max. Power Diss. (W)=500m
I(DSS) Min. (A)=20m
I(GSS) Max. (A)=20n
g(fs) Min. (S) Trans. conduct.=8.0m
g(fs) Max, (S) Trans. conduct,=18m
@V(DS) (V) (Test Condition)=15
C(iss) Max. (F)=7.0p
Status=Discontinued
Package=DIP

Last edited:
Mpf122

Search Results

Substitute BF960 Datasheet
**broken link removed**

Substitute BF981 Datasheet
**broken link removed**

Substitute MFE122 Datasheet
**broken link removed**

Substitute 3SK49

John,
So based on the specs that I provided, you think any one of those you listed will work? I don't have any prior experience with mosfets, so I don't totally understand the specs. I don't care if the package is the same, as long as I can make it work. Also,, what is meant by depletion mode or enhancement mode of mosfet?
Thanks,
Bruce

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back