Mpf 122 Mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

maynardb

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, and am trying to find a data sheet for this mosfet that's in a piece of test equipment that I'm trying to repair. It's a two gate N channel in a TO-252 case. I only found one site on the net that had it, and they want around $20.00 with shipping [no data sheet], so I'm investigating whether or not I can find a cheaper substitute, or can I use two mpf102's instead. They're cheap and readily available at Rat Shack. If anyone has info on this mosfet, or knows of a sub that'll work, or if I can even put two together or not ,please respond.
Thanks,
Bruce

Last edited:
Could you double check the part number? I have the Motorola Selection Guides going back to 1971 and it doesn't show up. There is a dual-gate device number MPF112. Perhaps the schematic has a typo.

I double checked the number on the parts list and it's right. When I examine the mosfet itself, it says 252 with the motorola insignia and 182023 stamped below it. Hope this helps.When I Googled it , I came up with a site, I think it was American Semiconductor, that says they have for $15 and change plus shipping, but again, no complete datasheet, just basic specs.
Thanks,
Bruce
Here's the specs from that site
MPF122
Motorola, Inc. :: N-Channel, Dual-Gate Tetrode MOSFET
Specsheet / Datasheet

V(BR)DSS (V)=25
I(D) Abs. Drain Current (A)=30m
Absolute Max. Power Diss. (W)=500m
I(DSS) Min. (A)=20m
I(GSS) Max. (A)=20n
g(fs) Min. (S) Trans. conduct.=8.0m
g(fs) Max, (S) Trans. conduct,=18m
@V(DS) (V) (Test Condition)=15
C(iss) Max. (F)=7.0p
Status=Discontinued
Package=DIP

Last edited:
Mpf122

Search Results

Substitute BF960 Datasheet
**broken link removed**

Substitute BF981 Datasheet
**broken link removed**

Substitute MFE122 Datasheet
**broken link removed**

Substitute 3SK49

John,
So based on the specs that I provided, you think any one of those you listed will work? I don't have any prior experience with mosfets, so I don't totally understand the specs. I don't care if the package is the same, as long as I can make it work. Also,, what is meant by depletion mode or enhancement mode of mosfet?
Thanks,
Bruce

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…