Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPASM Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewJPAS

Good morning

I have been following the tutorial guides on this page and have built the electronic circuits.

I am now trying to assemble the code in the following ASM files i have downloaded from the site using MPASM

The problem is i get this error "error in parameter and", can anyone offer some advice as to what i am doing wrong.

kind regards

Andrew

Yes extracted the zip archive and now left with 9 files that have associated themselves with notepad, was not aware the ASM needed extracting, what app should i use for this ?

Cheers

Andrew

Yes extracted the zip archive and now left with 9 files that have associated themselves with notepad, was not aware the ASM needed extracting, what app should i use for this ?

Cheers

Andrew

The ASM doesn't, I was just making sure you weren't trying to assemble the ZIP directly.

Can you post a screen shot of your problem?.

There are 3 stages to the error, the first being the "error in parameter" the other 2 follow after pressing OK

Cheers

Andrew

Attachments

• Error 1.JPG
    Error 1.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 366
  • Error 2.JPG
    Error 2.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 361
  • Error 3.JPG
    Error 3.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 393
Yep thats the problem, eveything is okay now i have moved it to the C drive, many thanks for your help Nigel, something so simple as well

Cheers

Andrew

IIRC, for reference, MPASM Error 32 can also be triggered by spaces in the .asm file name.

OK, just tried and verified this, with a file which assembles correctly.
Renamed XXXXXX_XXX_XXX.asm to XXXXXX XXX XXX.asm and got Error 32 when assembling.

The filename/path length is also restricted to something like 62 or 63 characters in total, as pointed out by Nigel.

HTH.

IIRC, for reference, MPASM Error 32 can also be triggered by spaces in the .asm file name.

OK, just tried and verified this, with a file which assembles correctly.
Renamed XXXXXX_XXX_XXX.asm to XXXXXX XXX XXX.asm and got Error 32 when assembling.

I've never come across that, because I wouldn't do anything as silly as using a space in a filename :p

I've never come across that, because I wouldn't do anything as silly as using a space in a filename :p

Maybe it's not applicable in your non-silly case, but since OS's actually allow spaces in file names, it's quite understandable that some people may choose to use them and not know the reason they are getting a generic error message which is defined "Unrecognised".

Maybe it's not applicable in your non-silly case, but since OS's actually allow spaces in file names, it's quite understandable that some people may choose to use them and not know the reason they are getting a generic error message which is defined "Unrecognised".

Microsoft don't allow spaces in filenames, it's a completly bodged on solution just to give the impression it does (along with long filenames).

Although I must admit to been confused as to why MicroChip never seemed to update their progams to take account of it?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back