Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mp3 player from hardisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherial

banggood electronics
just wondering how 2 create mp3 player using hardisk , do any got idea, use hardisk as it storage....just idea

What's the purpose of this? Why would you want that over the many portable MP3 players that are available.

I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox MP3 player with a 4GB hard drive from a laptop computer. It runs from 4 AA Ni-MH battery cells for a couple of hours. I got a pile of "unrepairable" products thrown out by an audio-video store and there were 4 of these MP3 players. I took parts from 3 of them to fix this one. It has Creative Ni-MH battery cells and a very nice carrying case.
I think it sold for about $400.00, I'll sell it for $350.00 hee, hee.

Hard disks are last-century technology. SD cards are fast enough to play MP3 audio and you can get cheap 4Gb 8Gb 16Gb etc which is thousands of songs, all with no moving parts and very low power consumption.

The only reason to use an old fashioned hard drive is for something that needs Terabytes like a PC.

I still have my first pc. It had a 486-25MHz processor with a 540MB hard drive and 4MB or RAM. I souped it up to a 486-66 processor (with many features in a Pentium), a 2GB hard drive (that failed) and I think 12MB of RAM. It was running Windows 97 and high speed internet (everybody said it was impossible) when the hard drive crashed.

Dealextreme have just started stocking an MP3 player board with a Lithium Ion battery, USB socket, MicroSD card slot and headphone socket for around $5

Building your own would be foolish for any other reason than educational purposes.

thank you ,very good,i like this website.when i typed mp3,thousand of products just popped out for me to choose .

Dealextreme are a bit cheap and cheerful and some of the stuff really isn't fit to be sold. They can also take 2-10 weeks to deliver anything but there are some bargains to be had.

I got some fantastic stainless steel tweezers for a few $ that I would say rival some of the tweezers that cost 10 times as much here in the UK. They also did some rather nice high powered lasers but appear to have stopped doing those :(

Look for a used Ipod classic, they have at least 80gb of storage and work pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back