Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MP3 Cd players??

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxglobal

Hi guys, i was just wondering. Is it possible to midify a cd player to play mp3 cds?? It currently says Error when you insert an Mp3 cd.

I have a car dec with an external in dash changer. I want to try to make it play mp3s. Is there a way to modify the current reader or even swap with a portable cd player reader?

Thanks

linuxglobal said:
Hi guys, i was just wondering. Is it possible to midify a cd player to play mp3 cds?? It currently says Error when you insert an Mp3 cd.

I have a car dec with an external in dash changer. I want to try to make it play mp3s. Is there a way to modify the current reader or even swap with a portable cd player reader?

You can't modify it, you would need to completely rebuild it - and it certainly wouldn't be cost effective!.

definitly not cost effective, especially since most of the newer cd players are able to play mp3s.

I've even seen some that had a usb port on the front so you could plug in one of those usb drives. Which would be super convienent.

cool..im just gonna buy a dvd player/changer which is the same size and it also plays mp3s. i just wanted to know if it can be done before i went ahead and bought it.

The dvd player also has video in/out so its even more practical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back