Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

moved and now i am back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
hi everyone,
we have finally moved! not the house we were originally going to buy but same area, all my electronic stuff has been packed away for months as it took a long time to get the farm sold and new house sorted. so we are no longer in Devon or even in England!! we now live in Scotland, but good news is me and dad share a room in the house for electronic stuff, just starting to get the room set up, dad is ripping the old kitchen out so i have used alot of the cupboards for benches :D got the component racks on the wall so all ready to start again

LG

Hey you little Champ ;)

Glad to hear you are getting organized again. Say hi to your Dad from me ;) I was wondering what you are both up to :confused:

Regards,
tvtech

we were going to move in may but ended up moving at the end of July, was a huge move. all my stuff was packed away and we didnt have broad band much except when we had a mobile phone signal, Dad say's hi back. he isnt around much there is loads of stuff he has to do here, we only have 16 acres this time and 7 of that is woodland but outside needs alot of work but dad has got a tractor here :D. at last i can get down to some serious electronics!

Hey there LG! Good to see you! I hadn't heard about the move, and was just wondering what you and your dad were up to. Great to hear the move went well. I'm part Scottish, you know ;)

Regards,
Matt

we were going to move in may but ended up moving at the end of July, was a huge move. all my stuff was packed away and we didnt have broad band much except when we had a mobile phone signal, Dad say's hi back. he isnt around much there is loads of stuff he has to do here, we only have 16 acres this time and 7 of that is woodland but outside needs alot of work but dad has got a tractor here :D. at last i can get down to some serious electronics!

Tell your Dad to please post here once he is finished driving the tractor...and all.

Regards,
tvtech

Hey there LG! Good to see you! I hadn't heard about the move, and was just wondering what you and your dad were up to. Great to hear the move went well. I'm part Scottish, you know ;)

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt

Whats happening in your part of the World?

I am waiting for Oatmeal to update his Tesla site. Keen to see the progress there.

Regards,
tvtech

Hi Matt

Whats happening in your part of the World?

I am waiting for Oatmeal to update his Tesla site. Keen to see the progress there.

Regards,
tvtech

Hey tvtech. I'm back working as a lab tech at the university until January, at which point I hope to return to my job as a software engineer back home. So I'm currently in the Boston area. Not much going on at the moment, the school year hasn't really picked up much pace so I don't work with students much yet. I have had to tutor some in electronics though, but that was only a small group.

I've been following the Tesla Science Center on facebook to keep up with their progress. They've had several public volunteer cleanup days. I wish I lived a little closer to Long Island, I'd have loved to help. Anyway, work is progressing very nicely :)

Regards,
Matt

we are living near Glenluce in Dumfrise and galloway, Thats about 5 hrs away from you mr Jim!!

we are living near Glenluce in Dumfrise and galloway, Thats about 5 hrs away from you mr Jim!!
Yes, only just out of England!

On a clear day you will be able to see the Isle of Man.
A silly old proverb:
If you can see the Isle of Man, it is going to rain.
If you cannot see the Isle of Man, it is raining.

JimB

Hey tvtech. I'm back working as a lab tech at the university until January, at which point I hope to return to my job as a software engineer back home. So I'm currently in the Boston area. Not much going on at the moment, the school year hasn't really picked up much pace so I don't work with students much yet. I have had to tutor some in electronics though, but that was only a small group.

I've been following the Tesla Science Center on facebook to keep up with their progress. They've had several public volunteer cleanup days. I wish I lived a little closer to Long Island, I'd have loved to help. Anyway, work is progressing very nicely :)

Regards,
Matt

Stay well Matt

You are a good guy. Proud to have you as a friend here. We all go through our ups and downs. I think how people deal with issues make them what they are.

Some handle. Some don't.

And a nice Forum like ETO helps a lot. I know I find my Solace here. It's like people "understand".

I cannot explain it. Almost like we "click" for want of a better word. I just know that there is something very special about ETO. Cant say exactly..all I know is that the whole package works properly. Could be a combination of proper Moderation. Could be a fact that ETO has the wisest people on the Planet. Could be many things.

All I know, is that I have visited Many forums....and I still treat ETO as home....it's like I belong here. Nothing else out there impresses me.

We have AG here. We have other great characters out there too. That know their stuff backwards. Bar none.

They gather here and discuss and speak sense. Lovely.

Regards,
tvtech

Little Ghostman, can't wait to read your posts again. I've enjoy your Dad and ( as you guys say it over there) and "Mum"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

kv:)

Last edited:
What's up, D8:)

I've been busy lately, haven't posted much. Glad to see your posts.

In all Regards, glad to see your post.
kv

Edit: I just read most of the time, while I was busy.

What's up, D8:)

I've been busy lately, haven't posted much. Glad to see your posts.

In all Regards, glad to see your post.
kv

Edit: I just read most of the time, while I was busy.

Hey there KV. Good to see you back and posting!

hey ghostman, i wish luck in your new home :). don't hate me for this, but who's your dad people talk about? i dont know pretty well people in forums....

ghostman11 is my dad, he started on the forums and got sick so i posted for some help and ended up staying cos i got into electronics!

ahh, i see :). hey, cool, welcome, bit late but still :D

lol thanks, seems like i have been here a long time! but its only a couple of years

yeah, years WILL go fast.....seen it myself too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back