Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Move along now, nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Do not follow this **broken link removed** and whatever you do, do not push the button.

Mike.

Unfortunately it just loops after 1 or 2 minutes. For the ones that take more than 1/2 second to click just right click the embedded flash program and click "next" to skip it.

Funny, back in the early 80's an Electrical Automation class I attended did just that on the first day there was a box with a red button that said (DO NOT PRESS.)

However, there was a hole in the middle and if fully depressed would allow the head of a pin to come thru and then a capacitor of unknown value would discharge.

(On day 2.)The instructor ask how many of you press the button ? Of course no one said it was them. After a pause he said that will be your first lesson.

killivolt said:
Funny, back in the early 80's an Electrical Automation class I attended did just that on the first day there was a box with a red button that said (DO NOT PRESS.)

However, there was a hole in the middle and if fully depressed would allow the head of a pin to come thru and then a capacitor of unknown value would discharge.QUOTE]

I have just got to make one of those. I thought of making a dummy bomb with a count down timer but that is just so much better. Anyone any idea what would be a safe voltage and capacitance?

Mike.

Pommie said:
killivolt said:

However, there was a hole in the middle and if fully depressed would allow the head of a pin to come thru and then a capacitor of unknown value would discharge.QUOTE]

I have just got to make one of those. I thought of making a dummy bomb with a count down timer but that is just so much better. Anyone any idea what would be a safe voltage and capacitance?

Mike.

hi Mike,
Get the inside stack out of a piezo gas lighter, the harder the victim presses
the higher the zap.:eek:

Or maybe the inside of an old flash camera.!

ericgibbs said:
hi Mike,
Get the inside stack out of a piezo gas lighter, the harder the victim presses
the higher the zap.:eek:

Hi eric,

That would work perfectly. I could just leave it there, no power required, fantastic. Like a little booby trap just waiting for it's next victim. :D

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back