Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOV & Selenium suppressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Hi

I have recently got the selenium suppressor for the first time, I have no idea how to test it to determine it is good or bad. I am fully aware that its existing counsin is MOV. Again how earth can I test MOV to ensure it is in a good condition. Please advise me asap

Regards

MM

Guys

I am desperate to know how to test selenium suppressor to confirm it is operating correctly or not.

Please advise me how to do this

Regards

MM

Why so desperate? Look up the specs, and stimulate the components with the specified levels, and determine if they are operating. I know that's a general answer, but I don't do alot testing of these devices. It doesn't seem complicated, however. You'll need a safe source of high voltage to test them. It's my understanding that MOV's are not normally tested by the end user, as these devices are degraded when they have to provide protection. I might be wrong about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back