Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mounting a board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm soon to get get to a point where I need to mount my strip board (with LEDs on) to a plastic backing board.

How is it going to be best to do this? Some small self tapping screws? Hot glue? Silicon?

Thanks for any tips/advice.

Ant

One way is to use standoffs. Most often they resemble a hex nut but come in various heights. They can be had in metal or nylon. Radio Shack and most other electronic places have them. I have a bag of surplus ones from Electronic Goldmine that were affordable.

Hi all, I'm soon to get get to a point where I need to mount my strip board (with LEDs on) to a plastic backing board.

How is it going to be best to do this? Some small self tapping screws? Hot glue? Silicon?

Thanks for any tips/advice.

Ant

Here are some examples from the Maplin site: **broken link removed**

Here is a list of some Maplin stores near(ish) to you: **broken link removed**

Note that I've never bought electronics in the UK. I haven't even been there since 1992. :) Many forum members are from there though so they may have better ideas for you.

Good luck,

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back