Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motors as generators

Status
Not open for further replies.
circuit for current generation

It's possible, but why would you want to go through such complication just to charge a battery? Can't you use to power that drives the motor to charge the battery?

the reason is that i want to build a circuit that is self dependent.that is by using;
an initially charged battery,two motors and a bulb.
how then now can connect the above gadgets so that i build up a circuit whereby the battery rotate the 1st motor which then rotate the 2nd and the 2nd one generate enough current to light a bulb and recharge the battery at the same time?

the reason is that i want to build a circuit that is self dependent.that is by using;
how then now can connect the above gadgets so that i build up a circuit whereby the battery rotate the 1st motor which then rotate the 2nd and the 2nd one generate enough current to light a bulb and recharge the battery at the same time?

Have you read anything?

As we have been saying for the entire thread, that would mean a form of perpetual motion, which according to the laws of physics is not possible. Sorry to give you the bad news, but you cannot do what you are asking.

probably everyone in ETO dreamed of producing a Perpetual Motion Machine when they were young and was forced to stop pursuing the idea after getting a bit more background in Physics. :eek:

probably everyone in ETO dreamed of producing a Perpetual Motion Machine when they were young and was forced to stop pursuing the idea after getting a bit more background in Physics. :eek:

You know, that's exactly how it worked for me--at least for this particular project. I had the same idea some time ago--I'm guessing I was about 12 years old, but that's just a guess. Anyway, I tried using one motor as a motor and another as a generator, all connected to a little rechargeable battery pack (probably from an old remote-controlled car). When I tried it, though, it didn't work. I asked my older brother about it, and he was the one who first told me about perpetual motion, and that it was impossible. As much as I would like to prove it wrong, I honestly can't see it actually happening. Sorry to disappoint.
Der Strom

Connect the shaft of an electric motor to the shaft of a gernerator. with their wires disconnected give it a spin and see it stop in about 1 second.
Then connect the wires and spin it again. It spins maybe for 2 seconds then stops. Without doing anything useful like lighting a light bulb.
Add a light bulb. Spin it and see the light bulb blink and the thing stops in a fraction of a second.

Friction in the bearings and brushes and electrical resistance take away most of the power.

You know, that's exactly how it worked for me--at least for this particular project. I had the same idea some time ago--I'm guessing I was about 12 years old, but that's just a guess. Anyway, I tried using one motor as a motor and another as a generator, all connected to a little rechargeable battery pack (probably from an old remote-controlled car). When I tried it, though, it didn't work. I asked my older brother about it, and he was the one who first told me about perpetual motion, and that it was impossible. As much as I would like to prove it wrong, I honestly can't see it actually happening. Sorry to disappoint.
Der Strom

I started designing it when I was 15.
Probably we should come up with a vote: Haw many of you have daydreamed of PMMs? Yes: 90%, No: 5% ,Embarrassed to admit: 5%. :D

I started designing it when I was 15.
Probably we should come up with a vote: Haw many of you have daydreamed of PMMs? Yes: 90%, No: 5% ,Embarrassed to admit: 5%. :D

I was about 10 and covered it in another of jasto's motor threads. There was no joy of victory, only the agony of defeat but what the hell a few good lessons learned. :)

However, if jasto continues to start and pursue these threads I will resume work on my matter transfer device. The original plan was to beam one of my ex wives into the center of a brick wall. If jasto doesn't stop I may use him as a subject. The thought of the young jasto and evil woman beamed into a brick wall for eternity is becoming appealing. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back