Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motors and wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin mac

Is there anywhere I can buy wheels and motors that are made to fit each other especially for robot building?

That is a tricky one. You won't find them all in one place (wheel, motor, and gearbox)- usually one store has only one set. There are also belt-drive and chain possibilities where you don't have a motor connected solidly to a wheel and instead need the proper pulleys and belts/chains.

The core problem of how to attach the axle to the wheel still exists though. (It's easy to attach a motor to shaft with either a longer shaft or a shaft coupler or just a gear/pulley and setscrew)

To be honest for larger scales...it's way way easier to just go an RC vehicle.

What weight/terrain/speed/wheelsize/motor voltage are you looking for?

Last edited:
I mainly just want a plank of wood about the size of an A4 piece of paper, on wheels.
The weight of it plus the PCB shouldn't be heavier than 300g.

Go for solarbotics, they have great products and wheel/motor deals.

I think this web has it.

Has many thing and they say which part fit to which parts, It is like they did what you ask them for

Last edited:
Well Collin
Do what I have done, take printers apart, printers have quite a few in them, as well as a couple of motors, sensors, learn to put the gears together, how to control the motors which are also steppers. Think of it this way most remote control cars weigh more than 300 grams, and are powered by one single motor, so for what you are planning what you get from printes is plenty

You might check: sparkfun.com
they have a variety of parts. You might check at a local sign company for a scrap piece of their foam plastic material (not foam core). I think one type is called "celtec". It's light and sturdy.

Last edited:
what kind of robot that question is very vague and pathetic.

if you used google you could help yourself wouldn't that be a surprise!
**broken link removed**

hi .yo help me for build a robot

i though i got that kind of question only in my forum.. i was beginning to get frustrated by those users who ask for help but don't know what,how,when or why!

anyway, about the building part of the robots.. if you want to go along the "homemade" alley, this article might help you: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back