Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorola T900

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinblaster73

I have had a Motorola T900 pager for some time now, but i have a cell phone that i find is a little more effective, and besides that the T900 is not in service currently. I was wondering if (instead of trying to sell the pager) it would be possible to turn it into a word processor of some sort, seeing as i have grown very fond of the keyboard on it. If anyone has any idea on how to do this, or if someone has, please tell me and i can probably get one of my teacher's help on the matter. This post is more of a way to see if this is a "good" idea, or if it's even possible. thank you

Last edited:
bump-please review...

Crack that sucker open and send us some pictures of what's inside, you'll need an o'scope to figure out where the various signal lines are and you'd need some decent micro controller knowledge, but I don't see why you couldn't do it. Just a quick guess from the picture it looks like a standard text LCD module which if you're lucky should have a standard hitachi interface. If it does you're almost ready to go, the keyboard should be trivial to interface with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back