Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motorola 68HC11

Status
Not open for further replies.

nye

we're learning to program the 68HC11 for our mechatronics course..i thought it might b good to just by a board and practice at home..
we use teh EVBPlus board..does anybody know from where i can buy the board?more conveniently, somehwere in Australia?
also, until i get one, is there a good simulator?one where u can simulate other peripherals connected to the chip/board,rather than having to actually connect them?

I would be careful about spending money on such an obsolete part. OK for learning on someone else's equipment, but a poor long term investment.

so basically useless gettin the hardware, since its used only to teach, but not of much use thereafter???
are tehre any good simulators out there?

I've never seen or used one for the 68HC11. Real men edit, compile, and burn. It's easier to do that with a flash memory part, rather than blowing chicklets each time you make a change.

do the simulators allow you to run ur program on the computer, and see the results without actually having a board???or do u need one to hav the full functionality of a simulator??im a bit confused:S

Try Googling for 68hc11 simulator. You'll get a lot of hits.
Most of the 68HC11s have a built in serial bootloader which will allow you to load a small program into RAM and run it there. You can also boot into EEPROM if your HC11 has that too. For hardware, all you'd need in addition to the HC11, support parts like crystal etc, and power supply would be an RS232 to TTL chip such as the MAX232.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back