Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorcycle Tachometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluvet79

I am trying to build a tachometer for a v-twin. I have been looking at the circuts diagrams using the LM2917. I have a single pulse ignition. Can you guys help me with what resistor I would use for a 2 cylinder tach. and what I need for a digital or led readout.

Last edited:
bluvet79 said:
Anyone have any ideas on building a single pulse lcd 2 cylinder Tach. Please

Do the maths! - for a start how many pulses per revolution does it provide! - and are you sure?, there are two possibilities with a twin cylinder engine.

I have a dyna 2000 ignition which sends a signal for a one pulse tachometer. I would like to see a circuit for that type of tach. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have another question. My bike has four plugs per cyl., a front and a rear coil. Each coil fires twice per revolution. Can I use the coil signals with a standard 4 cyl. Tach and if so what would I have to add?

Last edited:
bluvet79 said:
I have a dyna 2000 ignition which sends a signal for a one pulse tachometer. I would like to see a circuit for that type of tach. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have another question. My bike has four plugs per cyl., a front and a rear coil. Each coil fires twice per revolution. Can I use the coil signals with a standard 4 cyl. Tach and if so what would I have to add?

I would simply try connecting a 4 cyl tacho and see how it reads!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back