Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toto11

Hello,

**broken link removed**

I want read frequency via parallel prot (378) , using inpout32.dll .

could you help me with the code vb.net 2005

Regards

It's extremely difficult to read an arbitrary frequency using the parallel port on modern computers. It's best to run an external counter for a known period of time (need a dependable time base) and then read the counter when it is complete.

hi toto,
I have attached a Visual Basic 5 coding example, it may help.

Its an example I did for another member, it does work.

Last edited:
toto11 said:
yes motor run on 12 V
but wire with connected with parallel port run on 5 V
Really?? Isn't this emitter follower? The voltage to the motor is 5 V - 0.7 V, because the driving transistor is the npn type. Or I'm wrong?

bananasiong said:
Really?? Isn't this emitter follower? The voltage to the motor is 5 V - 0.7 V, because the driving transistor is the npn type. Or I'm wrong?

hi,
The drawing isnt very clear, but the collectors of the two motor drive transistors are connected to +/-12Vdc, so the motor should get a voltage -0.7V less than what is coming out of the Serial Port TXD pin.

If the Serial TXD swings +/-12V then the motor should get +/-11.3V approx.

ericgibbs said:
hi,
The drawing isnt very clear, but the collectors of the two motor drive transistors are connected to +/-12Vdc, so the motor should get a voltage -0.7V less than what is coming out of the Serial Port TXD pin.

If the Serial TXD swings +/-12V then the motor should get +/-11.3V approx.
Ya, right. I forgot that serial port supplies up to 12 V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back