Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjl4

I have to make sure I got this right.

If I have a 36V motor 10 amp, max 2600 rpm, brushed dc motor, and run it with PWM, at 12volt, 30 amp, will the result be more torque at low speed?
Just need to double check on this.
Once motor is out of stalled state, the pulses would be shorter, to reduce and maintain 200rpm.
I'm trying to avoid buying new motor or gear head.
Any suggestions?

If someone has formula, I'll calculate it myself.

Thanks.

hjl4 said:
I have to make sure I got this right.

If I have a 36V motor 10 amp, max 2600 rpm, brushed dc motor, and run it with PWM, at 12volt, 30 amp, will the result be more torque at low speed?

If you run the motor at 12V instead of 36V, the current will be far LESS, in theory perhaps only 3.3A?. The speed will be MUCH slower and the torque a great deal less.

You would have to rewind the motor to run it off 12V and have similar torque.

What are you trying to do?.

Well Nigel,

Still trying to avoid buying electric motor for mini bike.
I know maybe this is starting to bug you, but just now I can start working on this project. I dont want to run drive wheel faster then 200 rpm for safety, so 8yr old can ride bike too.

So what I can do is run a 12V motor at 24V 50% duty cycle, and controlled by PWM right.

What is the torque difference between motor running at full speed and motor just starting up.

Back in university, we were taught that motors have high torque when first starting, and as speed goes up, the voltage / current relationship between armature and field reduce available power.( not a shunt wound motor).

Make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back