Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor to move a miniature Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

benlim90

Should i use a ac or dc motor for this project? detail explanation required which model of motor should i used to move the miniature door, how to reverse motor rotation in dc and ac motor using changeover switches or relay switch? Forward(11) & Reverse (00) ? can i get the schematic to change the polarity of the dc/ac motor? and which model ac/dc motor?

before asking for details, you should be providing details (size, weight, speed, reliability/maintenance etc.)
if it is small, small motor should do the job.
most small motors are DC. nice thing about DC is you can reverse motor direction by swapping polarity.

if the motor is AC, u can reverse rotation by swapping 2 of the 3 mains lines that you hook up to the motor

if the motor is DC, you can reverse rotation by using either a shunt or separately -excited motor (NOT a series motor)
in this case, you just flip the polarity of the input if it's sep-excited
you flip the motor terminals (but not the field circuit) if it's shunt

for a miniature door, it sounds like a low-power kind of deal, just use DC...it's easier, more widely available, and easy to flip polarities by just using some kind of relay scheme to the input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back