Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

I have seen MOSFET drivers with an integrated AND gate to control a on/off signal and a PWM signal for each output, but using the MOSFET driver TC426 isn't it then just enough to send the PWM signal to that pin?

Here is the little bit that I understand or was told about MOSFET that might be relevant.

A. The stress or burden carried by the MOSFET is limited when in the ON or OFF state. The transition from OFF to ON, if not done quickly, puts considerable stress on the device.

B. In a relative sense, it takes a lot of energy to turn the MOSFET from OFF to ON. It is my understanding that a driver provides for that enegy. I do not know anything more about the ON to OFF transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back