Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor help (was: hello, I need a little help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyjojojjjjjj

I want to use this **broken link removed**
to run a motor when one button is pressed, then if another button is pressed I want the motor to run the opposite direction. Can someone please help me figure this out.

What type of motor, AC or DC ?
What voltage, 5v, 12v, 24v 240v or ?
What power ?

JimB

Do you want to press button A to make the motor revolve clockwise and when the button is released, the motor stops.
Wait a second (you must wait a second) and press button B to reverse the motor and when the buttonn is released, the motor stops.

To do this, you will need to wire two of the relays.
The output of each relay has 3 pins or terminals. One is called NO for Normally Open, the other is NC for Normally Closed and the other is Com for Common.
The common pin or output or terminal touches the NC pin when the relay is not energised and clicks over to the NO pin when the relay is energised.
Find the Com pin of relay A and connect it to the motor. Find the Com pin of relay B and connect it to the other side of the motor.
Now connect the NO terminal of each relay to the 12v supply and the NC terminal of each relay to 0v.
Done.

Last edited:
see attachment

EDIT: ah crap. i see while I was fooling around in paint you guys beat me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back